Saturday, September 11, 2010

Good News and Bad News

The bad news first: I've found it incredibly difficult to find anything directly related to my research topic. Of course there is plenty of research on noise exposure and music exposure in young adults, but I have not been able to find anything which suggests that presbycusis is really sociocusis in disguise. I'm not sure how I will handle this, but I know it will work out.

The good news: I was struggling with a lack of structure for my outline over the past month. Every time I sat down to write, all I could think about was how open it was. Do I start by making up a conclusion, listing my methods, reviewing my literature or what? So, in a fit of angst, I revisited the application papers for the Undergraduate Research Grant and discovered that an outline structure was already provided! All that's left, now, is to fill it in. I can do that.

I feel confident once again. It's going to be a good semester. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment