Sunday, January 31, 2010

I realized something this weekend.

1) I'm bound to at least four more years of school once I graduate next May.
I do not have the option to just stop here. You can't do anything with a bachelor's degree in communication disorders, besides what you could do with any other generic 4-year degree. In order to be able to pay back my copious amounts of loans, I'm going to have to at least have my AuD. PhD is optional.

2) If I do my "dream plan" and wait to find a mate until I find my "dream job" in my "dream location," I will be 28 before I start seriously dating.
Not that that's altogether out of the 'dating zone,' but really? I don't want to wait until I'm 28 to START looking for my future husband. But at the same time, I don't want to meet my future husband in Idaho and be stuck here forever. I've never thought about this side of the story before, and it's very depressing. David, my friend who is in the same program, already found the love of his life, and she's willing to go wherever he goes. Unfortunately, it's usually the girl who's expected to be that way. What if I don't want to be the one following? What if I want to move to Germany and my significant other would need to join me? I don't want to set myself up for heartache that way, but I also don't want to be alone for the rest of my life.

I'm done thinking about this, I'm getting really depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment