Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Quick Semester Update

I ended up dropping Planets and Astrobiology, the 4-credit physical science class I didn't need. I'm glad I did, too, because BSU ended up giving me a lot of trouble this semester and it's less than a week old! They never sent my transcript over, so ISU thought I was still on academic probation. Got it all worked out, though, thankfully!

I was worried about my classes this semester, since last semester was such a drag, but they've been fantastic so far! I am really looking forward to class every day, and it's maintaining my motivation to read more research articles. Both are very positive outcomes!

My father has presented me with a challenge: find five first-hand anecdotes of people who accomplished their PhD and ask them the following questions...

1. How did you finance your postgraduate education?
2. How much student-loan debt did you have upon graduation?
3. What was your salary in your first job after graduation?
4. How long did it take to pay off your loans?

We'll see how it all works out. I'm hoping positively. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment