Saturday, July 17, 2010

Diversions

When I make a list of the few non-necessities that I couldn't live without, one of them is always 'diversions'. By that, I mean the things that make me a multidimensional person.

I've been taking photos part-time as a self-sufficient hobby since Sophomore year of high school, and while my work isn't as artsy as I would like it to be, it's definitely commercial which works in my favor. I mostly do senior portraits, but in anticipation of doing my first paid wedding gig outside of my family, I volunteered my services at my wedding-partner's friend's wedding.

The results reminded me once again that I can't let myself get too sucked into one thing. I need to keep photography around as a nice diversion and to prove I'm more than just my collapsible file folder.




No comments:

Post a Comment