Tuesday, July 20, 2010

More Bad News

I wore the dosimeter for a full day. Drive to work, work-day, and drive home. I didn't even hit 25% dose. I'm beginning to think the dosimeter is broken.

It might be important to note that when I was wearing headphones at work (during my music listening/PBS viewing) and at home (during my Modern-Warfare 2-ing), I couldn't use the dosimeter. This is good and bad -- it is good because it allows for any significant findings to be attributed to work conditions, bad because I can't factor everything in and get the true picture.

I will be purchasing a Sound Level Meter in the near future so as to have as much information about my auditory surroundings as possible. Until then, I will be putting the dosimeter on the shelf and buckling down on my secondary research so I can meet my deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment