Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm Not Broken!

I've known about Jung's personality test for a while, but the last time I took it was in high school. I don't remember what I got, but I reckon it was different than it is now. I feel like I've grown into myself over the last several years and the results I got are almost spot-on.

I turned out to be an INTJ. An Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging personality. I've included my favorite parts of what that means below. The relationships part is what surprised me the most and made me very happy to discover. I'm not broken, I'm just an INTJ!

"When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know."

"Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations. This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). ... Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness."

"Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality."

As an INTJ, I highly value accurate truths, even if they don't benefit me. I remember as a kid even correcting my friends because they tailored the truth to benefit themselves. Ugh.


More journals are coming. I found some interesting pieces on potential conditioning and toughening of the auditory system in lab animals but I want to read all of it before commenting and summarizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment